1. What does your workspace/ design space look like?
2. Do you save your mistakes/ or designs you don't love right away, or do you ditch them?
3. What's on your "next to try" list?
5. Do you ever work with recycled materials?
6. What music do you listen to when designing?
7. How long does a design take you to create?
8. How do you organize your supplies?
9. What books/magazines do you read?
10. How would you describe your personal style?
12. Do you have a collection of anything?
13. How did your book come to be made?
14. And the all important question (from Ravelry): What is your favorite swear word?
More about Laurie's latest CPi book:
This adorable book shows how to make a wide variety of birds by needle felting—sculpting wool roving into a three-dimensional figure using a special barbed needle. Each project includes a fun photo of the project with step-by-step instructions that result in 20 types of feathered friends!
With Felted Feathered Friends, you'll learn to make endearing creatures such as:
- A snowy owl
- A peacock
- A great blue heron
- A bluebird
- A robin
- A flamingo
- A pair of lovebirds
- And many others
Laurie Sharp is a full-time artist and has been needle felting for over 10 years. She raises her own sheep and shears and processes the wool for most of her projects. From her web site www.woolpets.com, she sells needle felting kits and finished pieces as a business that has become overwhelmingly successful. Her work has been shown in a number of galleries in the Pacific Northwest. She lives in Suquamish, WA with her husband and business partner, Kevin Sharp. Kevin is a professional photographer, and provides both beauty and how-to photography for Laurie’s books.